cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Clipchimp?

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I just finished the text for a local TV station's online news. OK, I go to File Explorer as before, pull up the particular file that has the photos I need. Right click on the photo as before. I was looking to reduce the size of the photos by 50% to send by email. Before, I could click on Edit in the menu and follow the yellow brick road. So easy I could do it. Now...it has Edit with Clipchimp. What???? OK, I go to  a photo that I can screw up. It says the photo is a video! Plus, I try to get into my MS account to use CC but it freezes it, too many attempts in the past. Plus, it says to get a MS 365  free trial. I paid good money for MS 365! The only thing I can think of is to go to Photoshop Elements 2021, edit and save as jpg to send to the editor. Been fighting this for over an hour.😡 However, it is now 5:13 PM and was hoping to send the text and photos by now. Your help is most appreciated as always. A bit of sympathy is also appreciated. I sent the editor an email about this to see if he has any suggestions.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi John,

ClipChamp is a free Microsoft application for video editing.  It's the modern version of Windows Movie Maker.  I tried it about 2 months ago and was surprised.  It has a timeline editor and supports drag and drop. You can add still images and music too.  

You can download it from the Microsoft store app in Windows.

1080p support is free.  You can use an email account of your choice.  You don't have to buy anything.

4k support is about $120 p/year

https://clipchamp.com/en/

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Rick, thanks for the info but I don't do videos so CC not needed. I'm trying to figure out how to edit and/or reduce my photos to send to the editor. As mentioned and as before, I go to the file and right click on the photo. ClipChimp is the only editing item on the menu. My editor sent some things that I'll try: PSE and Save to Web.

John

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

There is a saying around these parts: "A blind hog finds an acorn once in a while." Well, after playing around with the file and photos, I found the "acorn." I opened the photo in the file, right clicked (which is my friend) and had a long menu appear. Several different choices which included reducing the size of the photo so I could email to the editor. Had 11 photos but I had to send the last four as a separate email. Thinking about renewing my subscription to Photobucket.

John

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

John,

Use DPP,  Batch Processing and Convert and Save.  There, you can reduce the size of images and specify the desired resolution.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements