cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVF-V70 settings

wobbleman99
Rising Star

Hello,

I've just installed a new EVF-V70 on a C300 MK III, and when viewing the in-camera settings I've noticed that "V70 sharpness" setting is grayed out.  Since the instructions that came with the EVF are not helpful, and the Internet provides no assistance either, I wonder if there are any users who have some insight into this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Ron

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wobbleman99
Rising Star

I grew impatient, and performed a camera reset ... problem solved.  The 'sharpness' option is now available in both media and camera modes.

Thank you all for your assistance.

View solution in original post

wobbleman99
Rising Star

I had previously written that the problem regarding the EVF-V70 and the "sharpness setting" had been resolved with a camera reset. But I have just realized that the real issue was the PEAKING TO VIDEO TERMINAL 'ON' setting. That is the incompatibility. With the peaking to video terminal OFF the sharpness setting on the V70 works, turn it on and it grays out. The reason that the camera reset appeared to have resolved the issue is because Peaking to Video Terminal is turned OFF by default, and the EVF-V70 connects to the video terminal. I'm not sure I understand why you can't have peaking and sharpness at the same time, but that appears to be the incompatible setting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wobbleman99,

Thanks for checking in. By default, button 2 on the EVF-V70 should allow you to do setup adjustments.

It might help if you disconnect the accessory, clean the contacts, and then reattach the EVF-V70. It might also help if you try using a different camera modes.

wobbleman99
Rising Star

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply.  The only contacts are via cable, and I cannot see how I could possibly clean the internal contacts on either the cable or the camera's input receptacle.  As for "camera modes," I'm not sure I follow?  I've contacted Canon Cinema Support, and it was suggested that it might be due to a setting incompatibility, but they couldn't immediately determine which setting/s could be responsible.  I am currently awaiting a call back in that regard.

wobbleman99
Rising Star

As a followup to my initial post, I've noticed that the "sharpness" setting for the EVF-V70 is only available while in Media Mode, and not Camera mode?  Still awaiting a response from Canon Technical Support in this regard.

wobbleman99
Rising Star

I grew impatient, and performed a camera reset ... problem solved.  The 'sharpness' option is now available in both media and camera modes.

Thank you all for your assistance.

wobbleman99
Rising Star

I had previously written that the problem regarding the EVF-V70 and the "sharpness setting" had been resolved with a camera reset. But I have just realized that the real issue was the PEAKING TO VIDEO TERMINAL 'ON' setting. That is the incompatibility. With the peaking to video terminal OFF the sharpness setting on the V70 works, turn it on and it grays out. The reason that the camera reset appeared to have resolved the issue is because Peaking to Video Terminal is turned OFF by default, and the EVF-V70 connects to the video terminal. I'm not sure I understand why you can't have peaking and sharpness at the same time, but that appears to be the incompatible setting.

Sorry, I did not entirely understand your post, but try a camera reset to return to default settings ... it worked for me, and from there I found the incompatible setting that was interfering with the "sharpness" setting for the EVF-V70.

I found nothing in the user manual that addressed this issue, and the microscopically printed page that came with the EVF was a challenge to read, but it did not address this either.

Announcements