cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EVF-V70, how to power?

wobbleman99
Rising Star

Hello,

I am awaiting the arrival of a C300 MK III and EVF-V70, and cannot find any information on the Internet, or within the C300 manual, about the powering of the EVF.  Are there any users who can explain the connection?  Do I need a V-mount battery with D-tap to provide power, or can the camera itself provide same while using the Canon battery?

Thank you in advance,

Ron

5 REPLIES 5

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wobbleman99,

Thanks for checking in with us about the EVF-V70!

That electronic viewfinder connects, and is powered by, the camera's video terminal. You don't need any addtional power sources to use it.

Thank you for your reply, the information is very helpful.

I understand that the EVF-V70 connects to the C300's video terminal, but after reading the C300 manual it appears that the LCD also connects to the Video Terminal.  Does that mean that they cannot be used at the same time?

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Yes both of these use the video terminal so only one could be used at a time throughthat terminal

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, it is unfortunately what I had expected. 

There is no information either on the Canon site, or the rest of the Internet, that discusses either the V-70 or V50. It does however appear that the V50 can be used along with the LCD since it attaches to a different port in the rear of the camera.  The caveat is that it has roughly half the resolution and none of the V70 features, but since I plan to use it primarily for framing in bright sunlight, where the LCD may not be visible, it may represent the wisest choice.  Additionally, and I may be misstating, it appears that the V70 is to be positioned for a shoulder mount situation that does not fit my use pattern.

I am surprised that there are no reviews for either of the EVF's.

Announcements