cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite EL-5 Availability

JeroneKingsby
Enthusiast

Speedlite EL-5, Marketing started NOVEMBER 2022 ...
It's, Now, almost APRIL 2023 ...
Is anyone else disappointed that the EL-5 isn't available, as of yet?
I have the R6 Mark II and do not want to WASTE Money on another Speedlite, while Waiting for the EL-5.
Management and Production, get it together ...

13 REPLIES 13

JeroneKingsby
Enthusiast

Which Soft-box is recommended for the EL-5; ( as an off camera Speedlite )

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I take it you got your flash?  I've heard from two others that received theirs.  I believe B&H has stock now.  

I don't know which flash diffuser fits best so we'll have to wait and see what others recommend.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

There's no sign of the EL-5 becoming available in the UK yet - the major retailers are still listing it as 'pre-order'. Considering that Canon products are priced higher here than in the USA, it's a bit galling that we're given second-tier service...

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

Update: I received my EL-5 flash yesterday. My local dealer contacted me a week ago, saying the unit I had ordered (and paid for) a full five months ago had now come into stock, and asking did I still want it? So of course I said Yes and yesterday it arrived.

Very satisfied with the unit so far. Powerful battery which needs to be charged before use. The flash seems very well-built. I've tested that it works, but haven't used it on a shoot yet.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.
Announcements