Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT-24ex on a PW TT5 using a 40D with PW Mini TT1

Afzal_BG_BR_UK
Enthusiast

Hi folks….

purely informational!

I can confirm that the MT-24ex Twin Macro Light flash works perfectly well with the Pocket Wizard TT5 transceiver when triggered by the Pocket Wizard Mini TT1.

I just tested out my old lingering gear to make sure that all is working well before o restart MacroPhotography using a new to me 7Dii.

I used the MT-24ex in Manual mode, with both flashes set to 1/64 power shooting flora. Both lights had diffusers mounted as well.

The 40D was tripod mounted and set in Manual Mode using a shutter release cable to activate the shutter (and to trigger the macro lights).

So, the purpose of this Post is to merely inform Macro enthusiasts to perhaps encourage OCF macro photography using Canon macro flashlights.

I have every faith that I will be able to replicate this setup using the 7Dii body once it arrives in May.

For now, just experimenting and practically re-acquainting myself with the dulcet shutter-tones that the 40D creates! (As for the images - not so sharp!)

Lenses:-  EF 100mm f/2.8 USM macro, EF 24mm f/2.8, Ef-s 10-22mm, Ef-s 18-55mm, Ef-s 55-200

Cameras:- 7Dii & (x2 40D)
EF:- 100mm f/2.8 macro, 50mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8
EF-s:- 55-250mm, 10-22mm, 18-55mm
Flashes:- x4 580exii, MT-24ex, Godox AD300Pro
Triggers:- x5 PW TT5s & x2 PW TT1s & x3 Godox X-Pro
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements