cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TYGER TYGER...

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The Auckland Zoo has finally got a couple of tigers, but they are quite hard to photograph or even see because of their reclusive nature and the barriers put up around their enclosure - much is obscured by vegetation and that's where they tend to stay.

However, a couple of days or so I caught one in full view, looking down on me from an overhead walkway. It was obscured by a heavy chain fence, but I have managed to extend my PP skills to remove that so we can see the nature of the beast, without the intrusion of our structures.  To get the animal's face correctly exposed against a bright overcast sky, I ended up with an almost white background, which naturally renders a high tone image.

The intensity of the gaze made my mind connect to the first/last verses of William Blake's poem, which I learnt as a child:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/play/75869 (external link)

Canon EOS 5DsR, EF 70-300L @ 170mm, f/6.3, 1/160sec, ISO-400Canon EOS 5DsR, EF 70-300L @ 170mm, f/6.3, 1/160sec, ISO-400

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements