Enthusiast

AUtumnroad small.jpg

CameraCanon EOS R6
Lens modelRF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
Shutter speed1/80
Aperturef/22
Focal length105 mm
ISO2000

 Embark on a mesmerizing journey down this winding road enveloped by autumn's fiery palette. As the leaves transform into a myriad of reds, oranges, and yellows, the air turns crisp, inviting travelers to revel in the ephemeral beauty of fall. This scenic route, a perfect blend of tranquility and vibrancy, offers a spectacular visual feast, showcasing nature's grand finale before winter's slumber. Whether you're seeking inspiration, solace, or adventure, this autumnal path is a testament to nature's artistry, inviting wanderers and photographers alike to capture the essence of the season.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are two aspects to this image, one of which I love, the other not so much:
The former is the location and composition for the image - as an ex-engineer, I am slightly bemused by the numerous curves bordering on chicanes that mark the progress of the road, and the I like the composition in capturing them.
I realize that the image has every right to be interpretive, but I sense the red and orange sliders have been moved a lot to emphasize them, and I would love to see a more natural version of this composition.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are two aspects to this image, one of which I love, the other not so much:
The former is the location and composition for the image - as an ex-engineer, I am slightly bemused by the numerous curves bordering on chicanes that mark the progress of the road, and the I like the composition in capturing them.
I realize that the image has every right to be interpretive, but I sense the red and orange sliders have been moved a lot to emphasize them, and I would love to see a more natural version of this composition.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the image! I completely agree with your observation about the curves and composition—it really highlights the engineering aspect, which I find fascinating. However, like you, I also feel the color enhancement is a bit overdone. A more natural color palette might better capture the true beauty of the scene. I appreciate your insights on this

Announcements