cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageFORMULA DR-G2110 Jamming

abetz_stark
Apprentice

Hello!

I have a Canon imageFORMULA DR-G2110, which is approximately 3 years old.  We scan around 20,000 pages per week currently, but in the past have scanned 30,000-50,000 per week.  We have kept up on cleaning and maintence, as well as changing out the front feeding rollers.  I am currently having a problem with what I believe is the pull-in lower rollers.  Every time I attempt to scan the paper jams after being fed into the scanner 2-3 inches.  I did notice on the lower pull in rollers that the roller on the left has started to eat away at the plastic covering, as it has been slowly migrating to the left (the roller). Both of the rollers seem to now be larger on the inside of the roller, and I have ordered new lower pull in pieces for them to be replaced and I am hoping that this will stop the jamming so we can resume scanning. 

Is there anything that I can do in the meantime to be able to scan documents without the scanner jamming up?  

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While you are within the duty cycle expectations of the device, Wear is to be expected.  I don't believe there is anything you can do except replace the rollers.  You might consider having 2, one as a back up in case the other goes down.  This would help mitigate downtime.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

abetz_stark
Apprentice

Update-

I have changed the lower pull-in roller, as well as the upper pull in roller and the upper registration roller.  The scanner will scan between 7-12 pages and then jam up, initiating a paper jam error.  Any ideas on why it is doing this?

Announcements