cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 and CanoScan 9000F Mark II

DLI1228
Contributor

Ever since I downloaded Windows 11 this scanner stopped working.

Completely.

Cannot find a dedicated driver. 

Has this thing become a boat anchor?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

This sounds more like an issue with the "upgrade" to Windows 11. That is to say, Canon has done nothing in the way of making changes that would make the scanner inoperative. Perhaps Microsoft will offer an update that will allow Win 11 to recognize your scanner and make it functional.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Look into VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

DLI1228
Contributor

Thanks to y'all who have provided support and helpful recent steps by Canon to make my scanner accessible for Windows 11. You are right that that these comments come some 2 years after my posting of woes. They come too late.  I dumped that Canon scanner as a boat anchor, removed all its software and acquired my present Brother scanner which was very reasonable in price and fits al my needs, which aren't many or fancy.  

I've had Canon cameras in the past that I have liked a lot (I now use a Nikon) so it's not the name I'm rejecting, it's the  mouth-breathing nerds in the windowless Canon facilities with green eyeshades and Birkenstocks  who released a scanner without Windows software and sat on it for two years/  Boo on them and their bosses.

22 REPLIES 22

wol
Apprentice

With the Win10 Drivers installed, my scanner worked under Windows 10 but had sporadic glitches.  Since I've upgraded to Windows 11, with no extra work on my part, the scanner has been working very well.

DesertFox56
Apprentice

I realize your post is almost 2 years old but wanted to pass on my experience. I recently purchased a brand new Windows 11 computer about 2 1/2 months ago. Wanting to install my Canon 9000F Mark II scanner on the new computer, I bought an external CD ROM drive then used the original CanoScan 9000F Mark II setup CD-Rom install disc that came with the scanner and it installed just fine. Haven't had any issues so far. Anyway, if you are still experiencing issues have you considered completely uninstalling all canon software, reboot the computer and then reinstall the drivers, etc from the original install CD? Just a thought.  🙂

DLI1228
Contributor

Thanks to y'all who have provided support and helpful recent steps by Canon to make my scanner accessible for Windows 11. You are right that that these comments come some 2 years after my posting of woes. They come too late.  I dumped that Canon scanner as a boat anchor, removed all its software and acquired my present Brother scanner which was very reasonable in price and fits al my needs, which aren't many or fancy.  

I've had Canon cameras in the past that I have liked a lot (I now use a Nikon) so it's not the name I'm rejecting, it's the  mouth-breathing nerds in the windowless Canon facilities with green eyeshades and Birkenstocks  who released a scanner without Windows software and sat on it for two years/  Boo on them and their bosses.

Announcements