cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need solution for CanoScan 4400F not compatible with Windows 11

Edspyhill05
Apprentice

The Windows 7/8 CanoScan 4400F driver does not work with Windows 11.  IS there some way to create a workaround?  Does Canon have solutions like creating print servers, using CUPS?  Yje CanoScan 4400F is working flawlessly so I hope there is a way to continue to use this scanner.  I'm sure Microsoft is working to limit what rpinters and scanners will work with Windows OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you can't get a Canon driver look into VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done the work around that I would have suggested and since the Windows 7 and 8 driver dont work, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ArthurJ, hope your weather is better than ours in Northern Italy!

Your mention of the Canon Upgrade program does not, I would guess, available in Italy.  My 4400F scanner works fine except I just got a new computer with Win 11.

??

Thanx!

Hi, vn!  The CanoScan 4400F is an older model which we have retired. While that means that Canon USA no longer offers direct support for it, your friends here in the Canon Community are welcome to offer suggestions.  As for the Canon Upgrade Program, that's available to US customers only.  If you're in Italy, our friends at Canon Italia may be able to help.

Hope this helps!

normadel
Authority
Authority

What HAPPENS when you try the Windows 7/8 driver? Do you get some kind of error message?

Windows 10 and 11 have a function of driver signing verification. This could be keeping the old driver from installing, and could be solved by starting the computer in Troubleshooting Mode and disabling driver verification. 

I have a Canoscan 8800F which supposedly is only good up to Windows 7. It works with the 7 driver perfectly in Windows 10 & 11 without disabling driver verification, but maybe the 4400F driver will work by doing it. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you can't get a Canon driver look into VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

"Liked" what John said.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Edspyhill05
Apprentice

I have the scanner working with workarounds.  I am against just tossing a perfectly usable electronic device into the landfill.  I think I can set up a Linux print server using CUPS.

Thank you to all for your suggestions.

Ed

zamorra9
Apprentice

Hi Ed,

I have the same issue. As you have the scanner workiing with worarounds, could you please share these workarounds?

Thanks!

Willem

michaelB-nj
Apprentice

This is happening all over.  I got a 4400f working on Win 10. Went to European Canon site and got the drivers and software.  There are two driver programs.  The software worked.. just could not find the scanner.  Added those two drivers on the scanner page... now the 4400f showed up as a selection.  Is there not a 'Compatibly mode" in Win 11 ?   It's going to be a mess when Win 10 (the last Windows software you will need - said Microsoft when it came out).  HP and Canon had a horrible time with Win 8 and Win 10.
I hate to say it.. bought a 9000f to do scanning to PDF.  What a crap program !  Files were huge no matter what and you could not go back to see the scanned pages ( to check quality) without it it making a second file.  So newer is not always better !

Announcements