cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Monterey v 12.0.1 and Canon 9000F Mark II

vikreddyatwork
Apprentice

Hi all!

I just recently upgraded my Mac Mini to MacOS Monterey.  I tried scanning multiple images for the first time since then.  The first image scans fine, the next and subsequent scans  state that:

"Cannon communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-Scanner is turned off or USB cable is disconnected.

Doesn't make sense, since I just scanned the first image without error, which leads me to believe there is no support yet for this OS. 

Has anyone experienced this issue yet?  Do you have a work around?  I've tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case look into using VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try the Big Sur (macOS 11) driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

waltontelusnet
Apprentice

Canon tech support says that the Canoscan  9000f will not work with MacOSX Monterey. I sure would like to hear that someone has found out otherwise. Thanks!

In that case look into using VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you jrhoffman75, for your recommendation of VueScan.  I'm so pleased to not have to donate my Canoscan 9000f to the local landfill!

vikreddyatwork
Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've ended up using Image Capture on the Mac and works.  Took some getting use to, but back up and running.

RenataL
Apprentice

Can you please tell me how you connected the scanner, and how you got to "see" the scanner on your Mac? I am not able to see the scanner from Image Capture. Thanks in advance.

Hamrick.com sells a program named VueScan that has been working fine.
Image Capture no longer has a purpose, that I can see. 

Thanks! VueScan worked for me perfectly.  I was also ready to go and buy a new scanner.  My trusty 9000F still has a little life yet!

Announcements