cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan Lide 300 no longer scanning

Technophobic
Apprentice

I've had my Canoscan Lide 300 since the pandemic started. Love it, simple to operate.  My computer runs Windows 10.

I don't use it every day, usually I just attach it when I need it then return it to its box.  I set it up 2 days ago, used pdf , auto scan and send functions--all fine.  I left it attached and tried to scan this morning--nothing. 

I unplugged from the USB and re-inserted--scanner makes a whirring sound but does not scan on any button.

I verified that I'm using superspeed USB.  I verified the scanner is in unlock position. I re-started my computer-nothing.

What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please disconnect the scanner from the computer and then uninstall the printer driver and software. Once that is done, restart your computer and then reinstall the driver/software from the Canon website. 

Then reconnect the scanner and try to scan again. If the issue persists, the scanner has experienced an internal hardware issue and would require service. If the printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon upgrade program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please disconnect the scanner from the computer and then uninstall the printer driver and software. Once that is done, restart your computer and then reinstall the driver/software from the Canon website. 

Then reconnect the scanner and try to scan again. If the issue persists, the scanner has experienced an internal hardware issue and would require service. If the printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon upgrade program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Technophobic
Apprentice

Hi Arthur, thanks for you help. Looks like there was updated software for this product. I was able to install new software and it's now scanning.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements