Canon Lide 400 does not scan 4800x4800 dpi in Windows 10

taylanguney
Apprentice

I bought canon lid 400.
I cannot scan at 4800x4800 dpi.

[Personal contact information removed to protect privacy.]

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi taylanguney,

When using the IJ Scan Utility, to scan at a higher DPI, please use the ScanGear button.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.

ijsu.gif

2.  Click the ScanGear button.

ijsusg.gif

3.  Click the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right.

adv.gif

4.  Select your desired resolution from the Output Resolution drop down.  If your desired resolution is not listed, manually enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments).

out.gif

More information regarding Output Settings can be found in the manual, here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/MFP/20.0/EN/SG/sg-927.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi taylanguney,

1.  Please open the IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

3.  Click on ScanGear at the bottom of the left side.

4.  On the right, place a check mark in the box next to Enable large image scans.

5.  Click OK.

6.  Back in the IJ Scan Utility, click the ScanGear button and perform a scan.

lis.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, taylanguney!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know if you're getting any error messages when you try to scan at 4800 dpi and what those messages say. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

my operating system : Windows 10

The software I downloaded :https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer/products/scanners/canoscan/lide-series/canoscan-lide-4...

The software I installed :  CanoScan LiDE 400 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)

dpi highest 600 : lide400.png

No 4800x4800 dpi scanning, I checked everywhere

Hi taylanguney,

When using the IJ Scan Utility, to scan at a higher DPI, please use the ScanGear button.

1.  Open the IJ Scan Utility.

ijsu.gif

2.  Click the ScanGear button.

ijsusg.gif

3.  Click the Advanced Mode tab in the upper right.

adv.gif

4.  Select your desired resolution from the Output Resolution drop down.  If your desired resolution is not listed, manually enter a value within the range of 25 dpi to 19200 dpi (in 1 dpi increments).

out.gif

More information regarding Output Settings can be found in the manual, here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanGear/W/MFP/20.0/EN/SG/sg-927.html

1.PNG

1200 dpi ok

4800 dpi error

Hi taylanguney,

1.  Please open the IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

3.  Click on ScanGear at the bottom of the left side.

4.  On the right, place a check mark in the box next to Enable large image scans.

5.  Click OK.

6.  Back in the IJ Scan Utility, click the ScanGear button and perform a scan.

lis.jpg

you have to go to settings for ScanGear.  in there is a checkbox that says something like allow for large scans.  once that is checked, you can TYPE 4800 dpi.  however, the limitation is 50000x50000 pixels or 4GB, whichever limit you hit first.  so at 4800dpi, the max size i can scan is 6.7 inches x 9.2 inches.  that file will be just under 4 GB as a JPEG.  TIFF will be astronomically larger I assume.  then in a photo program, you can stitch them together into a bigger image.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 212404.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-10 212326.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-10 212250.jpg

Announcements