cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Lide 400 Uneven Lighting

wanderaround21
Apprentice

Hi there. I purchased the scanner last year and it has been working well till now. 

I noticed that some drawings that I scanned recently has some weird vertical light streaks on them. So I scanned a blank page and here's how it turned out.

IMG_20220104_0014.jpg

IMG_20220104_0026.jpg

So far I tried:
1, Cleaning the glass surface
2,  Turned on the calibration at every scan option  
3, Reinstall the IJ Scan Utility (i doubt that this even make it worse... the 1st blank page was scanned before I reinstall the software, the 2nd pic was from after that)
4, i tried using it on another computer, but the problem remained

And obviously, nothing worked. Is there any suggestion to fix this? Should I contact local canon service? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done all the maintenance steps I would recommend and since the issue is not resolved, there may be a problem with the scanning element and would need to be replaced. 

If your printer is in it's 1 year warranty Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with your service options. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You have done all the maintenance steps I would recommend and since the issue is not resolved, there may be a problem with the scanning element and would need to be replaced. 

If your printer is in it's 1 year warranty Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with your service options. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements