cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 Interface, Registration, and Scan Orientation Issues

WILBERTMATTHEWS
Apprentice

Just bought a new Lide 400 after reading recommendations on line.   I loved my old Canon scanner but it won't work with new Windows, etc.   I bought this at Wal Mart for $90.  First think you notice is that is small, very small, much smaller than my old one.  It did hook up  easily but then, the interface has to be a mistake.  Small silver box that looks like something from the 1980s.  Then i try to register.   The serial number comes up invalid.  KLXC3[xxxx].  Which keeps me from  registering.   So it must be a knock off or something.  Then, when you scan, there is no preview window, it just shows the file in the folder, which is ridiculous.  Then, if you face the front of the scanner toward you, and put photos on the glass and scan them, it brings them up scanned upside down.  How do i get a real interface program and change the settings to preview for photos scans and make it scan them right side up??  thanks

[Serial number partially hidden to protect privacy.]

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The Canon driver and software for the LIDE 400 can be found HERE. The drivers will install the IJ Scan Utility program used for scanning. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements