cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 400 Error 2,156,33

BerkleyhsYB
Apprentice

We have a new out of box CanoScan LiDE 400 that does not work. Our tech department said that after researching the error codes, it is an issue that happens often with this product and it need to be returned or exchanged. The Scanner throws codes: 2, 156, 33. It is trying to find a USB that is connected correctly. I have been trying to talk to a real person at Canon for two days as the automated system doesn't even recognize the scanner and I get caught in a loop. The problem is I purchased this last April and just took it out of the box to use it to scan yearbook ads, and we have a new accounts system and the office can't even tell me the vender it was purchased from. I know it isn't an expensive product, but we are a small high school just looking for a company that will stand by their product. PLEASE HELP! Any advise is welcome. 

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options. Once the scanner is registered, you should be able to reach support for your warranty options. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

guimotta
Apprentice

happened the same problem with me, CanonScan Lide 300. New appliance just removed from the box

Same problem here and it is NOT windows version or software or drivers.  I had same problem on 3 computers ranging from 7 yrs to 3 mos old.  It is a factory defect.

EMPI07
Apprentice

Hello, I recived same error message below windows 11 (incl. latestest updates)
CanoScan LiDE 400 Error Code 2,156,33

I tried the suggestions without succsess

I tryed the same scanner with Macbook, but I get no response from scanner
Best Regards

Hi,

Please unplug the scanner from your computer and then toggle the lock switch a few times. Once that is done, remove the scanner driver and restart your computer. After the restart, reinstall the driver but leave the usb cord unplugged until a message appears asking you to connect it. Once the scanner installs, open IJ Scan Utility and try to scan. 

If the issue persist, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're outside the United States, please get in touch with Canon in your country or region for assistance. Get started at canon.us/globalsupport

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for your suggestions.
I followed them point for Point.
The setup find no scanner, I plugin the USB - setup ends normal.
I run SCANUTILITY an hit "Photo" and recive Error 2,156,33 again.
I use the orgin USB cable with label LiDE400
:-((

Hello,

I followed all sugestions, really ALL (from Google also). And I received 'Error 2,156,33' again.
I used to like Canon, but now ...

What are the serial numbers of all of the hundreds of scanners that have this defect?  It would be nice to know.

guimotta
Apprentice

I tried everything, I connected it to a computer with Windows 11 and another with Windows 10. I changed the USB cable, I looked for help on the internet. I tried a lot to call CANON support. Luckily it was still within the deadline to cancel the purchase and I returned the scanner.

Announcements