cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 300 macOS Sonoma compatibility

sahmilton
Apprentice

Hello,

Is the Canoscan Lide 300 compatible with MacOS Sonoma yet?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Given that the latest version of the driver was released in 2020 for macOS 10.15 Catalina I wouldn't expect there will be a driver for Sonoma.

You might need to look into VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Given that the latest version of the driver was released in 2020 for macOS 10.15 Catalina I wouldn't expect there will be a driver for Sonoma.

You might need to look into VueScan by Hamrick Software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just purchased a LIDE 300 for my Mac 14.3. (Sonoma). I was able to use the Utility Lite App, but the download didn’t include an uninstaller for my LIDE 200 software, and the buttons on the scanner were inoperable. Called Canon.Two out of 3 agents said "No driver." 

You said "Given that the latest version of the driver was released in 2020 for macOS 10.15 Catalina I wouldn't expect there will be a driver for Sonoma." I’m afraid I don’t understand why there won’t be a driver. Could you she some light on this up for me? Thanks in advance.  

I don’t work for Canon, so I am just using my intuition. If an updated driver wasn't issued for macOS 11, 12, or 13 I wouldn’t expect one to suddenly be issued for macOS 14. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

sahmilton
Apprentice

Thanks John, downloading vuescan has worked, hurrah!

Announcements