cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

livestream w/ Canon XA60

jafarmer
Apprentice

having issues live streaming with the canon xa60.

I have the canon xa60 connecting to MacBook via USB c to usb c on MacBook. picture will not show up in OBS, can not find anything in manuals on live-streaming with this unit. any info would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

mpaz213
Apprentice

I've only had success using the hdmi out into a elgato capture card. Im using streamlabs. 

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Only the HDMI port provides a live video output. The USB port is intended for file transfer, etc. This is normal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Tarrytown
Apprentice

UVC is a noted feature of the Canon XA60 and should make output via wired connection direct to mac/pc easy and reliable.

Has anyone had experience using the Canon XA60 as a wired cam with Livestream Studio 6?

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 1.50.54 AM.png

twash23
Apprentice

I purchased a mini hdmi to hdmi and my computer will not pick up this camera (XA60). I want to live stream announcements at my elementary school. What cord exactly do I need to connect the camera to my laptop to get it to recognize the camera and livestream?

Announcements