cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL H1 Lens error

Agape4u
Apprentice

My XLH1 is giving me a lens error and is making a small motor sound. I think the shutter is attempting to close? Any ideas on how I can fix this? All I can find on the internet is to clean connectors and re connect the lens to the camera.... Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Agape4u,

There's minimal troubleshooting that is available on the user's end when it comes to correcting a lens error message. Cleaning the contacts is the recommended step and to test a different lens with the camera body if possible. Otherwise, we would have suggested to send the Canon XL H1 to our facility for service but this camera and lens model have reached the end of their support and service life.

An alternative option may be to see if you're eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to check your eligibility for the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

Announcements