cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA70 & XA75 Likes and Dislikes

MackH
Apprentice

Tell me what you do and DONT like about the xa70/xa75. Im thinking of buying one toward the end of the month. Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings MackH,

They are basically neck and neck with the XA-75 coming out on top with an additional output option (3D-SGI), over the XA-70s HDMI.

SDI does better over longer runs.  Its BNC locks and cannot be easily disconnected.  

HDMI is more delicate.  Signal can degrade more quickly over longer runs.

XA-70 if used in low traffic, mostly stationary environment.  One wrong tug on an HDMI connector and its all over for the camera.  

XA-75 if used in high traffic environment, or for commercial broadcast use.  The SDI connector is stronger and inherently safer.

Either way, I recommend a CarePak.  Now you can use your gear with absolute confidence.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

JimIreland
Apprentice

I have only just purchased my XA 75 so this is an initial impression. 

First the negatives;

It would be very useful to be able to choose what is displayed in the viewfinder and screen. I am aware that it can be all switched off, but something a little more bespoke would be ideal.  Also the lens being parfocal would be good, so when zooming if live on air, I don't have to worry about exposure as well.  Also the grinding sensation when zooming is a little disconcerting and it really shouldn't be there or audible to the camera mic. PLEASE sort out the flickering zebras as well, it's making the zebras almost unusable as it's very distracting.

And the positives,

great colour and overall image, robust sound interface on handle, and feel in the hands.  Also i like the touch screen 'func' menu as well

If someone from product development is reading this or please consider an update to enable switching various functions on or off in the displays.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Jim and Welcome,

Product Feedback and Feature Requests can be made on the Canon USA home page.  [+]Feedback - Upper right hand corner

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements