cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5C - Firmware 1.0.6.1 discussion

chrishoesel
Enthusiast

Seems mainly to add support for the new 24-105f/2.8L IS USM Z and a bunch of Cinema lenses.  No mention of mulftifunction shoe compatibility with EL-5 Speedlites.  I'm installing it now but not really holding out hope for that functionality.

Anyone else upgrade theirs? I didn't see any thread for this new firmware.

Past Gear:
1DX, 1DXII, 1DIV, 7D, EF 2.8 Trinity, EF-500mm f/4L IS USM, EF 50mm f/1,2L II USM
Current Gear:
R5C, RP, RF15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, RF50mm f/1.2L USM, RF100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM, 4x 600EX-II-RT Speedlites
5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Chris,

I have, and believe @AtticusLake has also.  New FW is not listed in the announcements section this time.    

I often start a firmware thread after an upgrade for feedback.  We can use yours 🙂

The press release did mention enhancements on the photo side, but I didn't see anything listed in the release notes.

We all have our wishes.  My biggies remain:

***Wi-Fi support in Cinema OS using onboard chip - (biggest want)

**Better support for stabilizers (Ronin or Zhiyun) in Cinema OS

*EL-5 support (MFS)   

No rain today, so taking my camera out this afternoon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

chrishoesel
Enthusiast

If there is already a thread then there is no need for this duplicate.  (I can't find anything in this forum, it's difficult to just browse topics)  Search also yielded nothing.

Past Gear:
1DX, 1DXII, 1DIV, 7D, EF 2.8 Trinity, EF-500mm f/4L IS USM, EF 50mm f/1,2L II USM
Current Gear:
R5C, RP, RF15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, RF50mm f/1.2L USM, RF100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM, 4x 600EX-II-RT Speedlites

Thanks for joining the conversation, chrishoesel!  You'll find the firmware thread in question right HERE.

fitopardo
Apprentice

upgraded Yesterday (February 20, 2024) and I think is the biggest mistake the 1.0.5.1 was fantastic, after updating to 1.0.6.1 my RF lenses L lenses (Rf 15-35 2.8 & Rf 70-200 2.8) do not work as they should work (I shoot mostly 8KSD not LT) and the IS - Enhanced Image Stabilization do not work any more There is a note that says "This function is not compatible with the current Lens" and I am lost trying to fix this problem, I tried to downgrade to the 1.0.5.1 and I couldn't, I tried everything and no luck, my only solution now is making CANON aware of the bug and let them fix in a soon to be release new Firmware PLEASE! 

I found an issue, both my lenses were not updated I updated them and it fixed partially the setting still there is a IS section that before the 1.0.6.1 worked, and now it says still  "This function is not compatible with the current Lens", but at least it works partially 

Announcements