cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premiere Pro 2023 won't recognize the XA11 file structure

blankebn
Apprentice

Good afternoon to all,

I am teaching a rapid fire Digital Video class using the now defunct XA11 camcorders.  They've worked fine for the last 3 years, however, we are now experiencing problems when importing the files, that have been transfered from a SD card to a hard drive, into Premiere Pro 2023 on new M2 mac studios.

If I do a search for the .MTS files in Finder, I can select all and do a drag and drop into Premiere and it sees them.  But if I try to Import (Like a normal person would) from the top level directory, the Private Directory or the AVHC directory,  nothing happens.  Please advise.  My University will not replace the equipment and it's all I have to teach with.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ms. Bevin Blankenbuehler

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Newer versions of macOS may be at play here.  Or, it could be that Premiere has some bug.

Beyond checking to see that Premiere would have correct file/folder access to all the media to be imported, you may need to reach out on Adobe forums to see if there's any workaround.   I'm thinking this is all something to do with permissions, and not an issue with how the captured files are organized by the XA 11 units. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements