cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Canon 709" picture profile after C70 firmware update

ohanafilms
Apprentice

I have updated to firmware version 1.0.5.1 on all our C70 cameras but the new "Canon 709" picture profile is simply not there. In videos I see that profile should occupy slot C9 but on our cameras C9 is an empty user profile.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

As far as I know there is no "Canon 709 picture profile".  At least there isn't on my C70, which is running 1.0.5.1.

But what you can do is create a new picture profile, in an empty slot, like slot 9; and then set the Gamma/Color Space to Canon 709.  Then you could rename that picture profile to whatever you want, like "Canon 709".  Perhaps that's what you're seeing in those videos.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

As far as I know there is no "Canon 709 picture profile".  At least there isn't on my C70, which is running 1.0.5.1.

But what you can do is create a new picture profile, in an empty slot, like slot 9; and then set the Gamma/Color Space to Canon 709.  Then you could rename that picture profile to whatever you want, like "Canon 709".  Perhaps that's what you're seeing in those videos.

This makes sense. Everything I was seeing online and in documentation was a bit confusing and made it seem like it was simply a new picture profile but I'm now I can see everyone is creating a custom profile, as you mentioned. Thanks.

Where can the “Canon 709” custom profile parameters be found? There are quite a few parameters that would have to be manually updated to replicate a particular custom profile. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm looking at the release notes for 1.0.5.1 firmware.  The notes are below.

9. Adds [Canon 709 / BT.709] to the Gamma/Color Space in Custom Picture setting.
10. Adds [CMT 709] in LUT and Proxy Rec Color Conversion.
11. Adds [CMT 709] in View Assist.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jmolli214
Contributor

Did you copy in your menus from an SD card after you did the FW update?? If you did, your old CP9:[USER09] over-writes the new “Canon 709” profile which installs as CP9:[CANON 709] created by the FW update. If you checked immediately after the FW update it would have been there. After you copy forward your old menus, it’s gone because the menu update also copies forward your CP’s and per the user manual, it even overwrites “protected Color Profiles”. I just had this happen when I upgraded my XF605 firmware to v1.0.3.1, which was supposed to add the “Canon 709” CP. I told Canon Support about this problem today. I suggested they put the Canon 709 profile on their support site for downloading. I’m not holding my breath waiting for it to get posted on support. 

Announcements