cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C Missing REC709 Preview when using the playback function.

nilssamp
Contributor

Hey guys, this is a basic feature request and its making me crazy on client shoots. Im recording in CLOG3 with LUT preview. All good. But when I playback for the client it only displays the files as LOG. No possibility to preview with REC709 LUT like when recording. This is really a mandatory feature and sometimes makes client work a mess. Its not feasable to change output LUT of the monitor 1000x a day between recording and playback...

Please canon fix this. Where can I write Canon so they do something about it?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Product Feedback and Feature Requests

Canon Homepage | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Use [+]Feedback at the top right.

shadowsports_0-1709833076163.png

What firmware version are you using?

What about this, page 155:

eosr5c-aug6-video-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Ill wrote them. Im using newst firmware 1.0.6.1 on both my r5cs

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

It certainly seems odd that you can't do this -- particularly as there's a whole settings menu in playback mode.

However, you might try this -- assuming you're using an external monitor.  Turn View Assist off for HDMI.  Then, the HDMI output will be log all the time -- both when recording and when playing back.  Then you set a LUT on your monitor -- so the monitor never needs to change.

Does that work for you?

nilssamp
Contributor

Yes that works but still such a minor function to add for canon instead of having the hassle to add the LUT to each monitor. Lets say you connect to an ordinary HDMI monitor directly...

Announcements