cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C How to preview slow-motion playback

evalvaneda
Apprentice
  • So I just purchased the r5c and I’m playing around with video. I can preview my playback but is there a way to preview slow motion playbacks??
5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Have you recorded footage in slow / fast and now want to see it.play back?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The camera will always play back your video at the frame rate the video is tagged at.

For normal recording modes, this is the same fame rate you shot at.  So if you shoot at 60 FPS in normal recording mode, it will tag the video as 60 FPS, and that's how it will play back.  If you want to see slow-mo, then you need to load the video into an editor on your computer and slow it down (e.g. 2.5 times, to 24 FPS).

Slow & fast mode tags the video with a frame rate different to the rate it was shot at -- that's exactly what slow & fast mode is.  You set the tagging frame rate on page 1 of the shooting modes, under "Frame Rate".  You set the actual shooting frame rate on page 2, under "Slow and Fast Frame Rate".  So, in slow & fast mode, if you set the camera to shoot at 60 (page 2) but tag the video as 24 (page 1), then when you play it back, you will see the footage slowed down relative to what you shot.

Hope this helps.

I'm struggling with, I think, the same question. I want to shoot slow motion, at 60 or 120. At 120 I see the slowed playback, not on 60.  Question: I dont see the "Slow Fast Frame Rate" on page 2 as you mention, or anywhere.

Canon R5, 80D. EF 100-400 ii, 1.4 ii TC. RF 800 F/11. RF 24-105 F/4

Your signature says that you have an R5; if this is correct, none of what I wrote will apply.  The R5 is completely different to the R5C.  (Note that the title of this thread is "EOS R5 C ...".)

If you have an R5C, then go to the Recording menu (third tab in the menu), then go to the second page.  Set "Recording Mode" to "Slow and Fast", and the "Slow and Fast frame rate" will appear right under it.

If what you have is an R5, then I can only suggest reading the manual.  Maybe look at page 316, "High Frame Rate".

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

LaneW,

I sent you a PM - R5 Specific

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements