cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS C500 Lut button not working correctly after firmware update

joaquinbacaasay
Contributor

Recently updated firmware 1.1.0.1 on both my Canon C500s and now when I use the Lut button it resets the configuration for Lut on all outputs to off.  I can then manually turn Luts back on in the menu.  But I can no longer use the Lut button to toggle between raw and Lut.

5 REPLIES 5

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings joaquinbacaasay,

In case you are restoring settings that were saved onto a memory card from when the cameras were running their prior firmware version, then please proceed to reset the camera and test the LUT function of the camera without loading the saved settings. In some cases, loading saved settings back onto the camera after a firmware update may cause issues with how the camera functions. If this works, then please proceed with setting up the cameras and you may then save those settings onto the memory card in case you need to reset the camera or want to transfer the same settings to another EOS C500 Mark II that is running the same firmware version.

I did not restore settings.  I manually reset all settings. The Lut button shuts off the lut

Recently updated firmware 1.1.0.1 on both my Canon C500s and now when I use the Lut button it resets the configuration for Lut on all outputs to off.  I can then manually turn Luts back on in the menu.  But I can no longer use the Lut button to toggle between raw and Lut. I did not restore from previous settings.  I manually reset all settings.  The Lut button shots off the Lut but won't turn it back on, causes the Lut settings to all turn Off.  Thanks

Hello joaquinbacaasay,

The 1.1.0.1 update was intended to address the issues with activating LUTs after the previous update was loaded. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I would suggest that you call our Cinema phone support team at 1-855-CINE-EOS (1-855-246-3367) for further assistance with this. Please call them during the hours of 9:00am - 9:00pm EST, Monday through Friday and Saturdays from 9:00am - 7:00pm EST

thanks for the help will do

Announcements