cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS C200 Internal ND filters stopped working

vikhral10
Apprentice

Hi, I recently bought a c200 and had the ND filters working and then they stopped working. The ND filters actually move when I turn the cameras on but fail to move when I press ND +/-. Does this need to be repaired and how much do you think it would be. The camera function well other than that.

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello vikhral10,

Let's try resetting the camera to default settings to see if that helps. You can find that setting in the [System Setup] (wrench) menu. I would suggest doing [All settings]. If you would like to save the settings on the camera to an SD card prior to the reset, you can do so. This is also found in the [System Setup] menu listed as [Transfer Menu/CP]. You would need to use SD card slot B. If this does not resolve the issue, then the camera may need to be serviced. 

The factory service centers use a tiered pricing structure for repairs/service based on the type of service that is needed on the equipment. The tiers for that camera are as follows:

Minor = $269

Standard = $359

Major = $499

Unfortunately, I do not know what tier this particular issue would fall under. The FSC would provide that estimate to you once they have had a chance to look over the camera, and you have provided them with the problem description. 

Announcements