cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5C Gyro metadata for gyroflow

DanielTuzhenkov
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know is there any way to extract gyro data from an R5C? It became more and more needed feature since gyroflow is getting better and more user friendly. I love the fact that r5c doesn’t have warpy ibis, but internal digital IS is known for “tracking” moving objects inside of a frame. 
If anybody from canon will se this, PLEASE add gyro data to files, because it really can help a lot in utilizing tiny size of a camera in documentary filmmaking, you can keep low profile and get decent stabilized shots without gimbals.   

6 REPLIES 6

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Gyroflow only works if the video file has gyro data embedded in it, which in turn can't happen if the camera doesn't have a gyro.  So the set of supported cameras is pretty specific.

They have a list of supported cameras on their site:

https://docs.gyroflow.xyz/app/getting-started/supported-cameras

My point is that if r5c has electronic IS, it probably has some kind of gyro data. But for now we are not able to get this gyro logs baked into video files. Few competitors already have that feature, so i hope that Canon would give us this option too. 

Daniel_ATW
Apprentice

As much as I love my R5C I hate the Canon stubbornness and the fact that they don't really keep up with the users needs. They have the digital IS (internal gyro data) for years now and it should be easy to bake it into the 8K raw file... Having gyro data is crucial for a tiny camera like r5c without ibis. 

So please Canon, look how fast the competition moves and please WAKE UP!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon does listen to feature requests.  You can make these requests using [+]Feedback

shadowsports_0-1688484421954.png

shadowsports_0-1688484611373.png

shadowsports_1-1688484649633.png

Visit the Canon USA website, click Feedback, select product and make your request. 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DanielTuzhenkov
Apprentice

Thanks for Your advise, I'll try to reach them out this way. Hope they'll respond. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

It takes a little bit after submission, but my feature requests have all been acknowledged.  It doesn't say we're going to do this for you. It just says we received the request and appreciate your feedback.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements