cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot control CR-N300 camea with PTZOptics Joystick (PT-JOY-G4)

bjskill
Apprentice

Hi,

We are trying to use the PTZOptics Joystick controller (PT-JOY-G4) to control the Canon CR-N300.  However, we were unable to control it using the VISCA (UDP - Port 1259), VISCA (TCP) and ONVIF protocols with no success.

We have been successful in accessing the CR-N300 directly with a web browser so we know we have set the IP address correctly but we would prefer to provide the PTZ commands from the joystick controller.

It's my understanding the CR-N300 supports the VISCA protocol so any help in providing the correct configuration would be appreciated.

- Brad S.

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings bjskill,

For better assistance, we recommend to please call our support team by phone and it would make it more efficient to troubleshoot this type of issue with you in real time. Their phone number is 1-800-423-5367 and are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

televisiontim
Contributor

We had a similar issue with our CR-N500 cameras being controlled by a third-party. Struggled to control the cameras with a Broadcast Pix switcher; it would work, then it didn't. But since I updated the firmware to version 1.4 I can now control the cameras over VISCA with the Broadcast Pix. Update your cameras and see if it makes a difference.

Tim

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements