cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access ipv4 address on Canon CR-N300

ChillySoft
Apprentice

We have manually setup an IPV4 address on the camera and additionally disabled IPV6. All computers and cameras are on the same subnet. We can ping the IPV4 ip address just fine. When trying to access the camera via the IPV4 IP address in a web browser we get a 403 Forbidden message in the browser. We have tried multiple browsers and cleared caches and such. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ChillySoft,

I'm sorry to hear your CR-N300 is not getting an ipv4 address. To trouble shoot this issue you will need to call the phone support team. The CR-N300 phone support team can be reached at 1-800-652-2666 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like you might have misconfigured something on the camera's webserver.  403 is typical of a permissions error on the server side.  I'd reset the camera and try again.  IPv6 can cause connectivity issues occasionally but is likely to be ignored otherwise.  What application did you use to configure the camera?  

If this is a new camera, there is no reason not to contact support for set up and configuration assistance as Hazel_T suggests.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ChillySoft
Apprentice

We used the CameraTool to discover the camera itself. Connected to the camera via web browser, disabled IPV6 and statically assigned an IPV4 address. That's it. No DHCP or internet connectivity on the network we are using. Pretty basic and I am a network guy.

Announcements