cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C70 Sensor Dust

DerekEllis
Apprentice

Hello,

Ive just recently updated the firmware on my C70 to 1.0.8.1. On my first time using it after updating, I'm noticing a lot of visible sensor dust. In three years of owning the camera this is the first time I've experienced this with the C70. I also own the C300mkiii and C300mkii and have never experienced sensor dust with either of the three cameras. Im not overly careful when changing lenses, nor do I ever clean the sensors. Mostly because the cameras work and never have visible sensor dust appear in the Cinema line of Canon cameras. Ive only ever experienced this with my old 5dmkii and mkiii.

Im wondering if others are now noticing sensor dust on their C70's after updating firmware to the 1.0.8.1 firmware?

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"I'm wondering if others are now noticing sensor dust on their C70's after updating firmware to the 1.0.8.1"

Dust is not something that appears as a result of updating firmware.  Have you inspected the body's sensor and lens for debris?  Its possible for airborne dirt to find its way in no matter how careful you are. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements