cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C300 with AF upgrade bricked during firmware update

Ajohnson529
Apprentice

Today I attempted to upgrade a C300 from 2.1.2.1.00 to 2.1.9.1.00. The camera shut itself down during upgrade and is showing no signs of life. I have tried letting it sit, changing power supplies, batteries, and hitting the pin reset button. Am I SOL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ajohnson529,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Since you already tried a few things, I suggest that you leave the battery and memory card out of the camera for at least 24 hours,and then try again.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at cinemaeos@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ajohnson529,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Since you already tried a few things, I suggest that you leave the battery and memory card out of the camera for at least 24 hours,and then try again.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at cinemaeos@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Announcements