cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 Mark II Strange Question, Broken LCD hinge, screen not working

Nathanaday
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon C100 used on EBay with a known issue of a broken LCD hinge. Unfortunately when it arrived, the screen no longer worked. It looks like a strand of the flex cable between the body and the LCD broke. I could work around it if I could use the HDMI or EVF to change settings but unfortunately the settings are currently set to use a clean output on HDMI and the EVF/LCD Simul setting is turned off. Though, I have yet to get the VF to turn on at all so I’m not entirely sure it works at all.

If I could adjust the settings just once without the screen, I could find good workarounds. Anyone have any ideas of how I could adjust the settings without the screen? 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I'm all for getting a great deal, but It sort of seems like somebody's dumped something on you via eBay. 

What I'm hearing / seeing is something that probably needs to go to Canon for service.  Screen issue, broken hinge.  The device is approaching 10 years old. I'd check to see if Canon is still servicing it.  If not, it might not be that great of a deal.  A few short years from now and you may never be able to get it repaired.  I think it's important to investigate this before deciding to keep the device.  If that's still an option.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

If no mention was made of this fault in the item description, then you have a case for returning it and getting your money back. This would be classed as "Item not as described".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 19.0b1 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S
Announcements