cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loud clicking noise when printing

rogeralan
Apprentice

I am using a new 4100 and its making a clicking noise when it prints. I think a white piece of plastic that is riding on the bar is hitting the 11 black plastic bar supports, see photo. But that's just a guess. It doesnt do it all the time, or didnt, but now its constant. It actually prints fine, just makes that noise and don't want to damage it.  Since this post wont accept any video links unless they are from utube, here is a link to the video 4100 clicking noise . There is some grease on the bar and some hardware errors that i cant decipher. any/all suggestions welcomeIMG_1067.JPEGIMG_1073.JPEGIMG_E1069.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, rogeralan!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. To date, Canon USA has released two model series with the number 4100 in their name, specifically the imagePROGRAF TX-4100 and the imagePROGRAF PRO-4100.  Please let us know which of these two models you have and any additional letters that may be in the model name.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements