cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to download the basic canon pro 100 icc profiles without the actual printer?

aartiluvsu
Contributor

is there a way to download the basic canon pro 100 icc profiles without the printer? i used to have this printer but i gave it away for the ip8720. i still had all the pro 100 profiles on my laptop so i continued to use them with my ip8720. however, my laptop broke recently and i had to get a new one. none of my data was saved so all my profiles are lost 😞 i don't want to buy a pro 100 printer just to get the profiles. is there anyone with a pro 100 that’s willing to send me the icc profiles through email? please ❤️ i just need the matte / gloss profiles. but if you’d be willing to send all of them, that would be amazing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Several years ago there was a situation where a Pro-100 user could not get the ICC profiles to show in Affinity Photo even though they showed in Lightroom. Problem, so to speak, was that Canon stores the profiles in a special place, not where ICC profiles are normally stored. Adobe software knows that finds them.  Some software like Affinity and I believe DxO didn’t at that point in time. May be different now. On my computer, if I go to that location, I have profiles for many printers, even though I only had the Pro-100. I directed him to that Locarno he copied the profiles and placed them in ColorSync location and he could access them in Affinity. 

I couldn’t find my original posting, but this thread has the same information. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Solution-found-for-stock-Canon-paper-...

If you find the profiles there could copy/paste. I wouldn’t think it would be a copyright violation since they were placed there by Canon. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

macbook pro! sanoma!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See your PMs

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Stephen

This is against the Community Guidelines.

Further violations can result in being permanently banned from the Canon Community.

You may not share copyrighted or licensed software. You must own the product to utilize Canon software/utilities.
You may not share personally identifiable information (email addresses)

i didn't realize this was not okay. sorry about that! 

No worries! 

A lot of people don't even realize the software is licensed, so I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!

yes thanks so much for letting us know! i wish canon sold the profiles separately. i’d buy them! i’ll have to figure something else out, thank you!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Several years ago there was a situation where a Pro-100 user could not get the ICC profiles to show in Affinity Photo even though they showed in Lightroom. Problem, so to speak, was that Canon stores the profiles in a special place, not where ICC profiles are normally stored. Adobe software knows that finds them.  Some software like Affinity and I believe DxO didn’t at that point in time. May be different now. On my computer, if I go to that location, I have profiles for many printers, even though I only had the Pro-100. I directed him to that Locarno he copied the profiles and placed them in ColorSync location and he could access them in Affinity. 

I couldn’t find my original posting, but this thread has the same information. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Solution-found-for-stock-Canon-paper-...

If you find the profiles there could copy/paste. I wouldn’t think it would be a copyright violation since they were placed there by Canon. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

omg!! that worked! thank you so much!!!! my art can now be printed again 🙂

Announcements