cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 Issue? User error? Selected paper type changing upon print command

Bear22
Apprentice
HI Guys,

When printing from the Canon PPL software I've noticed that the printer LCD display will change the paper type selected paper in PPL, as well as, the initial selection LCD user selection .  This happens just after clicking the Print button on PPL.  Typically, the LCD changes from the user selection to Letter Pro Platinum, regardless of the previous selections made just prior to initiating the print.

As as example:  I select Baryta Photo Paper (General settings via PPL).  I load a sheet of baryta paper into the manual (rear) feed tray.  I then select Baryta Photo Paper via the printer LCD screen.  I click the Print button in PPL.  The printer job dialogue box posts.  But then the printer LCD switches my selection from Baryta to Pro Platinum.  

Is this normal?  Is there a glitch in PPL?  (my software version is 1.3.6).  The printer driver is 24.20.0.0 (via a Macbook M1 machine).  Is there a glitch with the driver?

Thoughts?

Thanks Much,
G

Is this normal; do you experience the same phenomenon?
1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bear22,

It is recommended that you contact technical support via phone for further assistance. There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays. A Technical Support Representative can quickly determine the cause of the issue that you are experiencing and resolve it for you via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements