cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Unable to Print 4x6 on Professional Print & Layout?

millandr
Apprentice

It seems I am unable to print small sizes on this software/ Canon Pro 1000.  I am only able to create smaller sizes and use them when selecting plain paper as my media type.  I am looking to print fine art, more specifically on Hahnemuhle 4x6 Photo rag.    No other setting, including the Hahnemuhle am1xs will allow me to select or create a custom 4x6 size.  Is there a way around this?  Or more importantly, why is this?

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Let me get this straight. You are saying you can print 4x6 on Canon brand 4x6 paper?  You are saying your ICC print profile for Hahnemuhle 4x6 Photo rag won't let you print 4x6?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

millandr
Apprentice

I can not print anything other than Generic Photo Matte Paper quality on this size format it seams.  So I can't use the media type canon pro matte, hahne photo rag, any fine art paper in small sizes.

It is the media type I'm having troubles with, ICC applies fine regardless of size.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If the printer works with any paper selecting on 4x6 it shows there isn't anything wrong with the printer. It is functioning like it is told to. This means you have a software or setup issue. It could mean you need to reinstall the software you are using or even the printer driver or perhaps check for an updated driver. Or, it can be as simple as a goof in the software instructions to the printer. What software do you use? I use Photoshop and Lightroom.

If you could not print 4x6 at all, there is likely a printer malfunction.

EB

millandr
Apprentice

I use qimage one,  and canon print and layout.   The only option to use 4x6 paper is through manual feed when using fine art media types but the manual feed does not have suggest or have the ability to alrign 4x6 or small paper sizes.  

Curious if you can override the manual feed option to top feed with these media types.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I use qimage one,  and canon print (?) and layout. (?)"

I don't know what these are? How or whether they even work. My suggestion and advice is the d/l any one or all the Canon software for the Pro-100 and use them. DPP4 for instance. I know certain papers have certain limitations, if the Canon software will not allow it, I doubt you can do it.

Ditch the Qimage One for sure.

EB
Announcements