cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Canon color profiles not showing up in Photoshop

yukon819
Contributor

I've been having a problem with my Canon color profiles not showing up under the "Photoshop manages color" drop down for some time.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not.  I don't know if my Mac is hiding them or if it's photoshop or what, but when they were missing, I used to be able to go to printers in system preferences and add another printer and click the canon pro 1000 and it would create another driver (pro 1000 (2)...) and then the profiles would be there. I would have like 6 or 7 Pro 1000s on my Mac.  But now that doesn't even work.  I've deleted the printers and downloaded the drivers again and no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This didn't get published properly in my earlier post:

"The stock Canon Profiles are hidden and not automatically put into the library>Colorsync>Profiles location which makes profiles available to Affinity for instance.

They must be copied from here: library> printers> Canon> BJPrinter> Resources>  ICCProfiles>  -Then control-click on the printer you use ie. Pro 10 or Pro 100  [that one threw me] and choose in the dropdown menu: show package contents.   From there you see Contents> Resources>   All the profiles appear to be copied and then pasted in correct location:

Library> Colorsync> Profiles "

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is your Mac an M1 Mac?

Perhaps the info in the above thread about placing ICC profiles in ColorSync folder will resolve the problem. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It is not M1. I’ll look into colorsync. 

This didn't get published properly in my earlier post:

"The stock Canon Profiles are hidden and not automatically put into the library>Colorsync>Profiles location which makes profiles available to Affinity for instance.

They must be copied from here: library> printers> Canon> BJPrinter> Resources>  ICCProfiles>  -Then control-click on the printer you use ie. Pro 10 or Pro 100  [that one threw me] and choose in the dropdown menu: show package contents.   From there you see Contents> Resources>   All the profiles appear to be copied and then pasted in correct location:

Library> Colorsync> Profiles "

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you, but I don't get those options.  The below photo is what I get.  And even if I open the package contents I don't see any profiles in there.  Is there a place to download the Canon paper profiles directly so I can add them to ColorSync?Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 11.56.04 AM.png

Update* After I open my package contents for my printer, (Pro-1000), this is what I see, and they don't seem to be profiles. None of those folders have any .icc files that I can see.Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 12.17.24 PM.png

This didn’t work for me—but I completely eradicated all Canon software and library items, hidden and not, and then reinstalled printer. It worked! But I had to remove everything first. 

Thanks - it worked for my problem with new mac operating system

I did follow these steps, copied all the ICC profiles listed and I still don't see any of then in Lightroom or Photoshop? Any idea what might be wrong? 

My guess is that you have the AirPrint driver installed. Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners, click the + button to add a printer 🖨️ and wait for the IJ Series driver to appear. It could take several minutes. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements