cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Avoiding AirPrint Installation

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

I have a Canon Pro-1000 setup as a network printer. I'm trying to install it on a Macbook Pro M1 running Ventura, and every single time it installs as Airprint. On previous machines I've been able to choose network install that is NOT airprint, but on this one I cannot figure out how to choose another option. How do I force this to not be airprint during installation?

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

While I don't have the Pro-1000 I have other Canon printers.

I have observed that it can take a while (sometimes several minutes) for the Canon IJ Series driver to appear when adding a printer.

If that fails you could give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON for assistance.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

bellevuefineart
Enthusiast

It appears, but then at no point is there an option to choose anything. Once installed, it says "air print" was installed. I do remember before I could choose in the process, but now there's no option,. 

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 12.27.50 PM.png

 After this, click add, and it's added as air print. No choice. 

The IJ Series isn’t on the list. Bonjour is AirPrint. 
I can’t explain why it’s not appearing if you downloaded and installed the Canon CUPS driver. Canon should be able to assist. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My printer is WiFi connected, you can see that it says "Canon"

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 3.35.28 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thanks so much. I get it now. I see. For some reason I'm not getting the IP option on the Canon at all with Ventura. But you pointed me in the right direction. That may be the root of other issues with PSP as well. I'll work on it. 

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 2.15.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-20 at 2.09.47 PM.png

Could well be related to the PSP issues. PSP works with the Canon driver. 

You can see that there is a Bonjour and native version driver for your Epson printers. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I forced an IP installation. I have the router set for a fixed IP on all the printers. It installed. It no longer says "bonjour", but after reinstalling PSP nothing has changed. I can print directly from PS and it works through my RIP. 

Sometimes we like PSP though. It's a nice to have but we'll deal without it. Thanks for all your help. I have other little things to iron out now as I make upgrades. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The following should work.  After the CUPS driver is installed, open printers and scanners.  Remove the Pro-1000 (minus) -, then add (+), select the Globe and re-add as an IP printer.  Enter the IP address and use the drop down to select the previously installed CUPS driver.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements