cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide banding with Imageprograf Pro-1000?

tiannawilliams
Apprentice

Yesterday I noticed that my Canon Imageprograf Pro-1000 has some banding in dark areas of my prints. I've been using this printer for a year and this is the first time I've noticed this issue.

It only does it in very dark areas and only in the last few inches of these prints (for some reason not in the top 2/3 of the print), for both small and large prints. It's super frustrating because I don't know until an entire print has completed that it's ruined.

I've tried all the maintenance protocols, fiddled with different paper types—nothing seems to help.

The bands are wide and very irregular. There are no sharp lines.

Help! This is ruining large prints and choking my christmas orders.

IMG_7038.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

tiannawilliams
Apprentice

Update: checking the option for overall clear coating helps diminish the appearance of the bands but doesn't eliminate them completely.

CanonLA
Contributor

This appears to be an issue with the roller feed. I'm experiencing something similar. Sadly, there are no repair options at all for these printers any longer. For some unfathomable reason Canon has de-authorized all of the repair centers and doesn't do repairs itself. You read that right. Canon Pro-1000 printers cannot be repaired in the USA for any faults of any description. You get offered a small discount on a new one if yours is out of warranty.

tiannawilliams
Apprentice

Yes, when I tried to find someone to come service my unit, it was going to cost a minimum of $700 just to look at it. Ridiculous! However, I did find that switching to USB seems to solve the issue, indicating that it may have been a problem with the wifi connection. Since then I only noticed one faint line in a print, and that I think was because the file was very large and my computer was running other big programs. We'll see if the problem crops up again. I hope not!

CanonLA
Contributor

Good you had some luck. Mine is definitely a feed issue and Canon suggests a 10% discount on a new one as the solution.

Announcements