cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor and confusing results from my Pro-100 printer

TerryRushworth
Apprentice

Im hoping and praying that someone out there has had this problem in the past and solved it because to be honest its a real mystery. Im not sure if its a software or a printer problem. For a quick over view see the accompanying images. Top two images are scans from Acrobat, middle image Photoshop and bottom image is the original jpg.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100 A3 Printer and use it in conjunction with Photoshop CS6.

Just over a month ago I noticed that my prints quality was rather washed out. I assumed the print heads need cleaning so I ran the Canon Cleaning Utility but the prints remained poor. I then ran a Deep Clean using the Utility with the same result.

I then bought a print head cleaning kit and cleaned the print head as per instructions with the same result.

I then downloaded and installed new printer drivers from Canon with the same result.

I then thought it must be a Photoshop problem so I printed using Adobe Illustrator with the same result.

I then tried using the Canons Print Studio Pro plugin with the same results.

I then tried it using Affinity Image on a different computer with the same results.

I then tried printing using Adobe Acrobat and the quality was far better (see top image). Apart from some faint banding its pretty close to the test image.

Has anybody any idea what is wrong or better still what the solution is?Pro-100_TestPage.jpgMyTestPrint_Original.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your Light Gray channel isn’t printing. 
Try a head cleaning. 
The app for running the nozzle check shows what the output should look like. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. I will try to assist.

1. did you ever run a nozzle check? What were the results? If not, please run one now and post the screenshot of the results.

2. What paper are you using? are you selecting the proper ICC profiles when printing?

3. What operating system? Do you have the most current driver installed?

4. Are you using Canon inks or third party?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm using Kodak's Glossy Photo Paper 180gsm.
The Operating System is OSX El Capitan Version: 10.11.6
I downloaded the version suggested by Canon from their site a couple of days ago.
No I'm not using Canon inks. The ones currently installed I've been using for a couple of years with trouble free printing.
Please find attached the Nozzle Check scan and a screen shot of the Print Dialogue Box that may answer your ICC query.
Hope this helps.
Terry
NozzleCheck.jpgScreen Shot 2023-07-19 at 14.38.37.png

Your Light Gray channel isn’t printing. 
Try a head cleaning. 
The app for running the nozzle check shows what the output should look like. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

You Sir are a genius and I am an idiot.
I checked the Light Grey cartridge and I hadn't removed the tape!

That happens. Also, even though the tape is torn off sometimes a tiny bit remains and covers the vent hole. 
Glad you’re up and running. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements