cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC-20 printer - printing transparency film for screen printing

SAMSLATER
Apprentice

Hi, I am hoping to gain some information on the TC-20 printer. I'd like to replace all the inks with all black DMax ink in order to print opaque film transparencies for screen printing. 

I would be printing from AccuRip software.

Has anyone used this printer for this purpose? Seems like it would be a good option. Most screen printers use the more photo oriented printers, but if you just need all black inks anyways, I do see why having 11 cartridges full of black ink makes any difference to 4 cartridges. 

Thank you for any info. 

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

normadel
Authority
Authority

Do you have reason to believe that this ink will work in the TC-20 printer without doing damage? And that this ink will dry and adhere to film?

SAMSLATER
Apprentice

Typically you're able to print transparencies through the AccuRip software, it communicates to the printer that the inks are all black. Even without having all black inks though, you ought to be able to print on transparency sheets/rolls with the pigment ink the printer uses. Ive been using an epson pro 9900 and just using the regular inks to print my positive transparencies for screen printing. It works fine. Im interested in switching to a 24 in wide printer though and this one seems like a good price vs the photo oriented printers.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.22.34 PM.png

 [Link Removed Per Community Guidelines]

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements