cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 1698 - imagePROGRAF PRO-300

Oldphotoguy
Contributor

I was printing a B&W print on my Prograph 300 when I got the “Support Code 1698” indicating I need to replace one of the ink cartridges.  I stopped the printer, but cannot override the support code to replace the empty cartridge.  Any suggestions as to how I can override the code and get the ink carrier to move are appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

No, I get it 🤣

Thank you, and glad its working.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Oldphotoguy
Contributor

Thanks for suggesting I contact Canon support.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See if these help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Replacing an Ink Tank - PRO-300

Canon Knowledge Base - Support Code 1698 Appears (Ink is Out) - PRO-300

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, I tried both of the options you suggested before posting my problem.  I just can’t get the code to go away no matter what I do.  I’ve turned the printer off, restarted and held down the stop button as suggested with no resolution.  Really at a loss as how to solve this problem. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I recommend reaching out to Canon Support.  

My Canon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, That’s my next move, unless letting it set over night and restating it works.  Thanks for your input.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Please let us know what they say.  Will be interested to know the solution.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

The printer is now working thanks to the great Canon customer service.  I talked to a very knowledgeable lady named Barbara for about 30 minutes to fix the problem. We tried the online process and could not get the carriage to move and finally moved it manually (we went through those steps several times).  I unplugged the printer, replaced the ink cartridge, and we turned the printer on and off and pressed the stop button to remove the Support Code.  Still no luck.  Then I shut the printer again, pressed the on button five times (clicked my heals three times) and the carriage moved when I plugged it back in and turned it on.  This is a short explanation of what happened, so if it does not make sense reach out to me.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

No, I get it 🤣

Thank you, and glad its working.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oldphotoguy
Contributor

Thanks for suggesting I contact Canon support.

Announcements