cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Pro Print & layout not working

KittiMCM
Apprentice

Have not printed in a couple of weeks, probably new version of Mac OS since I last printed. 

In LR PP&L wont load and gives error msg that it can't find folder, even though the folder exists and the path is correct.

/Library/Caches/Canon/Professional Print & Layout/PPL_LR_TEMP

In PS it will load, but won't display the image as usual in the slot. Closing PP&L leaves something open and unable to continue in PS without Force quitting and restarting.

I've reinstalled and rebooted, still does not work. 

Why does this always happen when I have a job to print on deadline? I've see this happen before and usually installing new version fixes it, but this time it didnt.

Mac OS Big Sur v11.6

PS V 22.5 documentation says this version is supported so idk

LR 10.2 (probably could update it.)

Printer imagePrograf 1000

Please someone help!!!

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

JohnE1
Apprentice
I had the same problem, however, Pro Print & Layout does work as a free standing program. You merely have to input the file yourself.

@JohnE1 wrote:
I had the same problem, however, Pro Print & Layout does work as a free standing program. You merely have to input the file yourself.

Have you verified this on 11.6? I don't have PP&L.

Reason I ask is the print module from DPP also causes the same freeze up with 11.6.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I'm using PP&L in 11.6. It is in "Canon Utilities" and allows you to load the image in just the same way as Photoshop. Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm based in the UK.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@KittiMCM wrote:

Have not printed in a couple of weeks, probably new version of Mac OS since I last printed. 

In LR PP&L wont load and gives error msg that it can't find folder, even though the folder exists and the path is correct.

/Library/Caches/Canon/Professional Print & Layout/PPL_LR_TEMP

In PS it will load, but won't display the image as usual in the slot. Closing PP&L leaves something open and unable to continue in PS without Force quitting and restarting.

I've reinstalled and rebooted, still does not work. 

Why does this always happen when I have a job to print on deadline? I've see this happen before and usually installing new version fixes it, but this time it didnt.

Mac OS Big Sur v11.6

PS V 22.5 documentation says this version is supported so idk

LR 10.2 (probably could update it.)

Printer imagePrograf 1000

Please someone help!!!

thanks

Can't help here. It is a known probnlem wih Big Sur 11.6. It is either a Canon or an Apple problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I was actually able to get it to work in LR by Running the Plugin-Install from the Canon Utilities folder in Applicaitons.

fingers crossed. I print high volume jobs, so using as stand-alone while it will work is extremely cumbersome for me 🙂

Can someone else try this and see if it works for you too?

Thanks

Announcements