cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-300 wonky on last inch

jepalmer
Apprentice

I have a Pro300 that has developed a problem when I try to print letter sized.  It prints correctly for the first 10 inches and them it clatters as it prints and prints the last inch offset by about 0.25 inch, with a muddled band between.  I have installed the most recent driver and it doesn't seem to make a difference what program I use to print.  scan of a print attached.scan.jpg

Suggestions appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What tray are you printing from? What paper type?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Auto (top) feed.  Glossy paper, highest print quality.

Currently working through problem. So far:

1. If I use plain paper and standard quality it prints ok at 8.5 x 11 letter size
  2. Default 'photo printing'; 4x6 paper, pro platinum paper, standard quality prints correctly.

Will try several different variations of trays, paper size, paper, print quality, etc. this week and post results.

Thanks.

1. tried top and manual feed, no difference
  2. paper size, no difference
  3. I'm using Red River 60 lb glossy.  other papers, including a canon 69 lb glossy paper print correctly

suggestions?

thanks.

Hi. If I follow everything correctly it seems the problem is with that specific Red River paper. Am I correct?

If so, maybe contact Red River. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

yeah.  It may be due to a bow in the paper.  Currently playing with removing bow and printing.  At first try, that seems to have corrected the problem.  

Will keep you posted

Announcements