cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 300 Borderless Printing

Leifer15
Contributor

I’m struggling to figure out borderless printing with my Pro 300. The issue is that my watermark at the bottom of the image is getting cut off when I print. I’m new to selling my prints, so please excuse my amateurism on the subject. I’ve edited my photo to the same aspect ratio as the paper in Lightroom and have tried different sizings to see if I can move the image vertically when in professional print and layout, but haven’t had any luck. I also tried the print module in Lightroom and had the same issue.

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In your photo editing app select "Print Settings" or some similar option. Then select "Printer Options" should be a selection for Borderless Printing.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 3.42.07 PM.png

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-300%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you print borderless the printer driver expands the print size to ensure that the entire paper is covered. You can go into the driver and reduce the expansion to see if that helps.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 091948.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for your reply John. I'm sure that will fix the issue, but I am struggling to get to that screen. Is that something I find through the computer settings or within Professional Print & Layout or Lightroom?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi. Mac or Windows computer? What OS version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Mac, Ventura 13.4.1

In your photo editing app select "Print Settings" or some similar option. Then select "Printer Options" should be a selection for Borderless Printing.

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 3.42.07 PM.png

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-300%20series/EN/CNT/Top.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you John! That seemed to do the trick. I did a test print and it looks great. I did get a small line of white on the top and left border, is there any way to fix that by chance?

Only by tweaking the amount of extension. If you have a white border you don’t have enough extension. It’s a balance. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok. Thank you very much!

Announcements