cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 - Desaturated colours especially Yellows and Greens

DavidEagle
Contributor

Hi, looking for help. I have recently started experiencing issues with desaturated colours, especially greens and yellows, from my Pro1000. Could have been an OS update but cannot tie up update dates and printing problems, so not sure that's the case.

Printing from Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Canon Print Layout software from M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey, all have the same issue.

All Canon software, drivers & firmware are the latest available versions.

Papers are from Fotospeed with bespoke icc profiles used when soft proofing and printing.

Definitely NOT using AirPrint, and not double profiling as colour management is switched off.

Any/all help very definitely appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up printing through Canon's Professional Print Layout software, that works fine. However, I also upgraded a second MacBook to Sonoma and that printed fine from Lightroom, also upgraded my primary MacBook to Sonoma and that appears to be fixed. What I noticed in the Colour Management tab on the Printer details, which are greyed out so they cannot be changed, this now uses Canon Colour management rather than 'ColorSync', I cannot be sure but I believe that used to be set to ColorSync, so it may be that the preferences files have been replaced during the upgrade. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

advictoriam
Apprentice

We've come across the same issue with our Pro 1000 as well. The greens are appearing far less saturated despite any tweaks/maintenance we've done, and with all the latest drivers.

Did you find a solution?

I ended up printing through Canon's Professional Print Layout software, that works fine. However, I also upgraded a second MacBook to Sonoma and that printed fine from Lightroom, also upgraded my primary MacBook to Sonoma and that appears to be fixed. What I noticed in the Colour Management tab on the Printer details, which are greyed out so they cannot be changed, this now uses Canon Colour management rather than 'ColorSync', I cannot be sure but I believe that used to be set to ColorSync, so it may be that the preferences files have been replaced during the upgrade. Hope this helps.

One more thing to add, I have just readjusted my monitor to a brightness of 120cmd, and the screen now matches my prints more closely. Prior to that I had set the screen to 60 or 80 (can't remember) but a lot darker, which meant that the images looked richer and more saturated on the monitor, with the print looking washed out by comparison. So something else to check.

Yes, as below, when printing from Lightroom, in the Print Settings/Printer Options dialogue, make sure that Color Matching is set to 'Canon Color Matching' and NOT 'ColorSync'. The way to force this is to reselect the Canon Printer in the Print dialogue which should switch the setting. By default you get 'Colorsync' which gives the desaturated colours. Hope this helps.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@DavidEagle wrote:

Hi, looking for help. I have recently started experiencing issues with desaturated colours, especially greens and yellows, from my Pro1000. Could have been an OS update but cannot tie up update dates and printing problems, so not sure that's the case.

Printing from Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Canon Print Layout software from M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey, all have the same issue.

All Canon software, drivers & firmware are the latest available versions.

Papers are from Fotospeed with bespoke icc profiles used when soft proofing and printing.

Definitely NOT using AirPrint, and not double profiling as colour management is switched off.

Any/all help very definitely appreciated.

I have found (with my Pro-100) even if I have the latest driver installed, I sometimes have issues after a macOS update if I don't re-install the driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements