cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer for Trading cards

Hiimjuzmi
Apprentice

Hello I am looking for a good printer that will give me some professional/industry quality prints for my trading card game… was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What card stock are you using for the cards you've designed?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

300gsm cream colored cardstock by Recollections is the paper I’m using “8.5 x 11”

Perhaps the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000.  In the User Manual (page 111), it states that plain paper can only be up to 105 g/m^2 (28 lb).  But Specialty paper can be up to 300 g/m^2 (80 lb).

The less expensive PRO-series models have the same 105 g/m^2 restriction for plain paper and for 300 g/m^2, it puts that in the "Photo Paper" category.

So I think part of this will depend upon what your cardstock is treated as (plain vs photo/specialty).

Note that I didn't look at less expensive Inkjet (e.g. Pixma) or laser printers.  Assuming you want a very high quality inkjet in this case.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

That’s the option I’ve been seeing the most that makes sense! I would need a printer that can print on 300gsm paper. Mad APPRECIATION in reference to the emphasis that You looked for a high quality printer! 

Announcements