cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 - wired vs wireless connection. drivers to use.

aefoley
Apprentice

Hi - I recently bought a Pixma Pro 200. My computer is a Macbook Pro with Monterey. 

I current have two drivers installed Canon Pro 200 series Airprint (driver version 3.0) and Canon Pro 200 series (driver

Should I delete one of them?

I am trying to print an image using Professional Print and Layout program.

- Canon's Professional Print and Layout program displays this error message "Printer information cannot be displayed. Register the printer using Bonjour or IPv4" although I have two drivers installed, see above. Both the Airprint driver and the other driver show in the Mac System Preferences pane. I am connected to the printer using a USB cable, the wifi is off.

BTW, I used an older Canon pro printer and it worked just perfectly with little effort. There are quite a few more issues with this new one and I'm having difficulty just googling for solutions. 

In advance, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@aefoley wrote:

Hi - I recently bought a Pixma Pro 200. My computer is a Macbook Pro with Monterey. 

I current have two drivers installed Canon Pro 200 series Airprint (driver version 3.0) and Canon Pro 200 series (driver

- Canon's Professional Print and Layout program displays this error message "Printer information cannot be displayed. Register the printer using Bonjour or IPv4" although I have two drivers installed, see above. Both the Airprint driver and the other driver show in the Mac System Preferences pane. I am connected to the printer using a USB cable, the wifi is off.

BTW, I used an older Canon pro printer and it worked just perfectly with little effort. There are quite a few more issues with this new one and I'm having difficulty just googling for solutions. 

In advance, thanks.

You want the true Canon driver (24.30.0.0).

AirPrint is actually an Apple driver with limited capability; delete it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@aefoley wrote:

In advance, thanks.

You want the true Canon driver (24.30.0.0).

AirPrint is actually an Apple driver with limited capability; delete it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks!

Announcements