cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 - Prints Not Accurate

Ginosar10
Apprentice

Hi All

i was so excited to get this printer but I have not had much success.  I have tried printing cards that are 5.25” wide and 8.5” long.  I can’t get it to print correctly.  And also all my colors are coming out dull. My old cheap printer the colors are vibrant like they should be.  I can’t seem to get this figured out.  Please help.  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome. I will try to assist you.

1. using plain copy/printer paper run a nozzle check: Canon Knowledge Base - Printing and Examining the Nozzle Check Pattern - PRO-200

2. what software are you printing the cards from? What type of paper?

3. Should have asked this first - what operating system? If macOS do you have the Canon IJ Series driver installed (and not the AirPrint driver)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi!

Thanks so much.  I use Windows. I tried printing with just typing paper and same thing.  I am trying to use card stock that are cut to size.  I have tried right from Adobe Illustrator and also as a jpeg.  I did the test and it was fine.  No clogged nozzles.  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you are using uncoated stock you generally won’t get good colors. Try using some Canon photo paper. That is the only way to verify how the printer is working. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ok. I will try on the paper they gave with the printer. Thanks. 

Announcements